09 January 2009

Web 2.0 award site

For Thing 19 we get explore a Web 2.0 award winning site. The awards comes from SEOmoz.org, which searches for the best of the best in 2.0 web sites. Since I'm going on a trip to Wales this year, I thought I would check out the winner of the travel category, Farecast.com

Farecast predicts when the prices for air travel will be lowest, so you don't have to worry about when the best time to buy is. They will tell you. You just tell them the when and where. At least, this is what its suppose to do. Apparently they can't do this for international flights yet. I still got prices for flights from all the major airlines and air fare sites (they grab the prices listed on Orbitz and Expedia and Hotwire and a whole bunch of other travel sites and compile them for you too) but no predictions on when the best time to buy would be. I may try it again for my Christmas flight this year, just as soon as I figure out which family member I want to visit with in 2009.

No comments: