16 January 2009

Podcasts

I think I would enjoy podcast more if I actually had a MP3 player. Sort of hard to download and listen on the go without one. I explored Podcast Alley, which indexes free podcasts from all across the web. You can browse by topic or search using keywords. Although, I'm not sure how accurate their keyword search is. I was searching for some of my guilty pleasures; and, when I tried X-men, I got one called Crochet for Men. I suppose if you say them really fast, they sound alike, but still not sure how it ended up on my search results.

I've been intrigued by podcasting for a while. I think it would be fun to do a book talk/reader's advisory type of podcast for the library. But I have no idea how to start one. I don't mean the technical part. That's pretty easy to find out. I mean convincing other people to do it and getting them to commit. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Kate said...

I stumbled upon a Poetry Podcast on Slate.com, I couldn't figure out a way to link to it, but if you go to slate.com look to the left in the middle of the page and there's an icon for their Poetry Podcasts. For you, the poetry woman.

Unknown said...

Tie it to folks who already do something that's book-talky. For instance, ask anyone who leads a book group to do a short summary of what their group said about the book. Another example, ask the folks who are your friends on Goodreads to review a book per month that they post there. I'd do it.