17 November 2008

The Holidays are Coming Early

Has it really been over a week since I last posted? My oh my how times flies. And I haven't done any of the holiday stuff that I need to do before Dec 4th. Why Dec 4th you ask? Well, on the forth my friend, who we'll call Mason, is flying into the Alamo city to take off on a Caribbean Cruise with me. By the time we get back it'll be too late to get all the Christmas presents mailed out to arrive by the big day. And I have a niece who's birthday is happening during the week I'll be gone, so I've got to take care of that too. Work is already taken care of. Substitutes for programs have been found, schedules are being made. Hmm, maybe I should look ahead at the 23 Things and do some extra blog posts about them. I guess work isn't quite as taken care of as I thought.

So here's my to do list:
  • Shop - buy Christmas and birthday presents, wrapping paper, and a turkey.
  • wrap and ship said presents
  • finish latest home decoration/improvement project. I found some decorate wooden panels at Michael's that are going to become a back splash in my kitchen. I just have to to measure, cut, paint and glue them. And this one has to be done before Thanksgiving.
  • find a glue that sticks to metal and cement. I was finishing up another project last week (putting tiles in a bathroom) and went to nail down the carpet edger (that metal thing that you put between the carpet and the tile to make the edges look nice and keep the carpet from coming up and fraying) and found that there's cement under the floor in that part of my house. If anyone knows of a special glue that will stick metal to cement, please let me know.
  • make Thanksgiving dinner. Crazy I know, but this year I wanted to cook the turkey.
  • decorate. I'll be taking off to my sister's place for Christmas (so there's a couple of presents that won't need to be shipped) and I know if I wait until after the cruise, I won't get them up. I really enjoy Christmas decorates and I have no problem with after Thanksgiving decorating.
  • finish schedules for the days I'll be gone.
  • read all the books that due during the days I'll be gone.
  • get ahead on the blog, which could be tough cause I think I'm several posts behind.

I think that's everything. I hope that's everything.

The good news about all of this is when I get back from vacation, I won't be going through all the holiday stress that everyone else'll be going through. I'll be all through with that and can just relax. How cool will that be? Getting to enjoy December?

No comments: