01 November 2008

Creating new stuff from old stuff

Or maybe you could say we're shinning up the old stuff. Making it prettier. Hopefully.

Thing #6 is all about creating new content from content that's all ready out there. Mashups, I believe, is the word for it. A lot of my co-workers have been using this as an opportunity to create librarian trading cards. Since I don't have a picture of myself (well, I do but they're on my home computer and my computer and I have issues) I decided to do a nature trading card instead.





I've also had fun with Big Huge Lab's framemaker.




This last image is from the cover of H.P. Lovecraft's book of the supernatural. Wouldn't it make a nice display picture? I'm seeing all sorts of possibilities for displays with the Big Lab toys.

I haven't had a chance to play with Animoto yet. There aren't many computers with speakers here, and I keep forgetting my ear buds. I know, there's always my computer, but like I said before, we have issues.

BTW - if you haven't seen Digital Goddess's letters yet, then go now and ponder all the ransom letter possibilities.


No comments: