28 October 2008

Fun with Flickr

Got Caught Reading: Lion @ Central Library 2004



I found this little lion in SAPL's Flickr account. Isn't he cute? I wonder what he's reading?



I actually had a hard time with this Thing of the 23 Things. This is not my first time on Flickr though. I've created several reading maps for SAPL, like The Golden Age of Mysteries and Exploring the Classics: Jane Austin, so exploring and getting around was not the problem. Nope. The problem was selecting a picture to blog about. Finding something that I could wax eloquent on. There are a lot of good pictures out there, but I'm not one for saying much. Probably why I don't have a lot of posts yet. I've been playing with Flickr for days and days and days and now I'm finally blogging about it, and what do I have to say? Only that the lion is cute.

But really, this is my favorite SAPL picture so far. Its simple and bright. There aren't a any distractions in the background. A lot of our pictures have messy backgrounds. Lets face it, metal shelving does not pretty picture make, especially with some of our angles. I'd like to see more pictures of things that might not see in the library. Like the DIY Library set. Its a small set, but I love the idea of it. Pictures of things people have made using library resources. There are so many possibilities.

Now to continue playing with mashups. Got to get me some ear buds though, or do this on a computer with speakers.

2 comments:

Julia said...

This is a great lion photo - if my memory serves, it was part of "Get Caught Reading." Good composition and lighting, bright & cheery.

I would love for more pictures for DIY Library. We have some great knitters and I'd love to see their projects. Anyone interested can find the directions on the Intranet under the SDD Flickr Cheat Sheet.

The Other J said...

Sarah formerly of Electronic Resources and I went around taking pictures for Get Caught Reading that year. We've never done it again, beyond the ones that get taken for the electronic newsletter, BookMarks!

I don't know what happened to this lion, it was lying here where Moovelous now is.

I'd love to see more pics in the DIY Library too. I've done some crafty things from our books and such, but never got around to taking pics...come out come out where ever you are crafters (I know for a fact that we have a sewer, knitters, and crocheters), you're out there now take and post some pictures pretty please.