15 October 2008

Flickr Mosaic

A friend of mine who also blogs (really, who doesn't anymore) came across a photo mosaic on another friend's blog and had to do one. It looked pretty simple, so I tried it too. Here are the results:




Of course you just can't use any old picture you can find. There are rules. Each picture is an answer to a question, and you can only choose the picture from the first Flickr search page.


Here are the questions:


1. What is your first name? Stephanie


2. What is your favorite food? Strawberries


3. What high school did you go to? Roy


4. What is your favorite color? Purple


5. Who is your celebrity crush? David Tennant


6. Favorite drink? Smoothies


7. Dream vacation? Enlgand


8. Favorite dessert? Apple Pie


9. What you want to be when you grow up? A dancer


10. What do you love most in life? Stories


11. One Word to describe you. Timid


12. Where do you live? San Antonio




I'm sure there are lots of Mosaic Makers out there, but the one I (and my friend and my friend's friend) used was fd's mosaic maker. All you have to do is copy and past the URL of the pictures into the boxes. And you can change the size and layout of the mosaic too. Here's one I did with random library words:




I used the words library, books, program and librarian. I'll let you guess which picture is which.

6 comments:

Jess said...

Love the blog, Steph. Even if work made you do it. I plan on doing the Flickr Mosaic soon, so check it out soon.

~Digital Goddess~ said...

This sounds really interested and have always been a fan of photos and mosaics, so this will be something that I will definitely try. thanks for the information, Stephanie

MBC said...

Hey, welcome to the blogging world! I always love having new blogs to keep me entertained at the ref desk.

...that's what she said said...

oh oh I did this with photobucket a while back...on MySpace. I think I'll be a copy cat though and do one for myself. fun fun.
I love the cat sippin' from a straw.
Que cute!!

Kate said...

OMG! You found a picture of a cat drinking a smoothie!?!? Your two favorite things all in one picture!?? I love that one all by itself - that should be your profile picture. Awesomeness.

Julia said...

Well, this really rocks. That's what I enjoy about Flickr - always another application I can try. Many thanks!