22 October 2008

But will it be as good as the book?

For the past few days I have been searching the blog-o-sphere, looking for blogs that deal with reading and reader's advisory and libraries. There is sooo much out there that it makes me dizzy. I found one site called EarlyWord. It talks about all the fun stuff publishers are coming out with in fiction and popular non-fiction. According to them A Platter of Figs is going to be the cookbook of the season, so I hope you all have your orders in. My favorite part of this site is their movie tie-in lists. All the books that are being turned into movies are listed with their release dates and in December, The Time Traveler's Wife will be coming the a theater near you.


I first discovered The Time Traveler's Wife while I was getting my MLS. It is a beautiful book about how Henry and Claire fell in love. Normally I don't go for romance/love stories, but add in Henry's ability to spontaneously travel through time (but only within his own lifetime) and I'm hooked. And now its being made into a movie. There's danger in this. How many times have books been made into movies and how many times have they not lived up their expectations? Or been changed beyond recognition? When Hollywood does it right, the movie usually ends up on the Oscar list (see The Silence of the Lambs, The English Patient, There will be Blood, LOTRs, etc, etc), so I really hope they get this right.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so thrilled! I think it's supposed to come out Christmas day, and I love the actress. I think it'll be good.