20 November 2011

A Little Whine

This is going to be a "poor me" post, so if you don't want to hear it, stop reading right now.

On Thursday, Mark and I went to a clinic to get our flu shots. I don't normally get one because I hate needles; but because Mark works with a lot of kids and is exposed to a lot of germs, and then exposes me, I thought the benefist would outweigh the few seconds of fear and pain.

On Friday, my arm started itching. I didn't think much of it. I was wearing elbow-length sleeves, so I didn't have a clear view of my upper arm. I figured I was itchy because of the changing weather. But that night I saw this:

Yes, that is from a teeny-tiny flu shot!

Is it any wonder that I don't like needles, when the result is like that.

5 comments:

Elle Emme said...

Oh Stephanie, I am so sorry. It seems your lifelong fear of needles wasn't so irrational after all. I hope you heal quickly and have no more trouble from this flu shot/needle situation.

Anonymous said...

YUCK!! :( Allergic reaction? That doesn't look very fun to deal with. Hope it goes away soon!!

Bleak Refrain said...

Oooh Stephanie! I hope that your arm heals up quick and that you get ttal relief NOW! So much love! <3

Carolyn said...

Owwie! Hope you are doing well otherwise. Keep us posted on Emma too from what I have seen she is adorable.

Christina said...

how did I not know you hated needles as much as I do. Probably because I was never home. oh well. I would think that was an allergic reaction too.
And we are happy that Emma received her Visa.