09 November 2011

It's not just in the States

Shortly before Halloween I went to the local dollar store to look for some face paint. I didn't find the face paint, but I did find Santa hats and tinsel. There are Christmas lights up in the downtown shopping area, and they've been there for at least two weeks. I haven't heard any Christmas music yet though, but that could be because I don't know what I'm listening to. And for the majority of the Japanese, Christmas is not a big deal. UPDATE: The lights are on and Christmas music is playing.

1 comment:

Elle Emme said...

I like the lights, but early Christmas music is too much for me. In fact, I had to change the presets on my car radio to temporarily eliminate one that plays only Christmas music from November 1st to then end of Christmas Day.