20 May 2011

On the ground

Well, here I am at almost 36 weeks; just over 32 days to go until my due date. If I'm anything like the rest of the women in my family, I'll be early though.

All in all, I'd say this has been a pretty easy pregnancy. I haven't had any morning sickness and only some lightheaded-ness and occasional swelling in my feet. Most people haven't even noticed that I am pregnant, until now. Now I'm getting people patting my belly, asking if I'm tired and need to rest, and giving me extra pillows to sit on. Its all very strange, especially the pats on my belly.

The only major difficulty I'm having is getting up and down out of our couch. Japanese furniture is all very low to the ground. The couch is probably 8 inches off the floor, and I either fall into it or kneel down on the floor and roll myself up into it. I feel huge and awkward and ungainly whenever I do this. If we had carpet, I probably would probably just stay on the floor.

No comments: