27 August 2014

Pop Culture Funnies

Letters, memos, text messages, diary entries, and online forums are just a few of the formats that the correspondences take in Dear Luke, We Need to Talk, Darth: and other pop culture correspondencs.  The pop culture references range far wider then I expected. From the titular Star Wars to Jaws and The Walking Dead to the Superbowl to The Eagles and Lenard Cohen, plus a lot more. There's reference for every genre (movie, music, tv) and decade, starting from the 1950s on. While I enjoyed this book, I'm not sure of its fit in my library. The other few pop culture books we have do not check out much, except for How to Tell if Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You, so there may be hope for it.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

3.5 Stars Because all humor is subjective and some things were just funnier then others.

No comments: