30 January 2010

The Reading Plan Plan

After browsing through several librarian Reader's Advisory books and guides, and asking people about what they're reading, and taking RA tests, I've discovered that my worst genre is the Action Adventure/Thriller. But, after last years Suspense/Thriller plan, I'm tired of the thriller genre. So I'm going with something lighter and doing Chic Lit.

Here are my selections:

Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding - a classic in chic lit

Restoring Grace by Katie Fforde

Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner - I've read good reviews for this

Bookends by Jane Green - it has "book" in the title

Do you have any chic lit favorites that I should read?

2 comments:

MBC said...

I like The Boy Next Door by Meg Cabot, most of Marian Keyes' stuff (there are a couple I don't like, but I forget which they are and one isn't chick lit), Sammy's Hill by Kristin Gore (Al Gore's daughter), and The Importance of Being Married by Gemma Townley (but I hate her other stuff).

Elle Emme said...

I don't know if these all fit exactly, but "See Jane Date" by Melissa Senate; Mary Kay Andrews books which have Savannah in the titles; and novels by Adriana Trigiani. Of course I once knew more, but I abandoned my books in San Antonio and therefore I can't recall them all. Sorry. I hope you enjoy your choices.